The International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA) is inviting nominations for its second annual ITA Tunnelling Awards which will take place in Singapore on the 10th and 11th of November 2016.
After a successful first edition (110 applicant profiles, 11 awarded projects and personalities), the second competition will profile particularly outstanding achievements in underground infrastructure across the world. ITA intends to identify and support a wide and diverse range of tunneling projects, from huge-scale and large-budget infrastructure projects to more specific ground-breaking technical innovations.
Entries are under nine categories:
- Major Tunnelling Project of the Year – over EUR500 million.
- Tunnelling Project of the Year – between EUR50 million and EUR500 million.
- Outstanding Tunnelling Project of the Year – up to EUR50 million.
- Renovation/Upgrading Project of the Year.
- Technical Innovation of the Year.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year.
- Safety Initiative of the Year.
- Innovative Use of Underground Space.
- Young Tunneller of the Year.
Entries should be submitted by 30 May 2016. Submission requirements and selection processes can be found on the ITA Tunnelling Awards website at https://awards.ita-aites.org. Finalists will be announced by mid-July 2016.